Thursday 7 January 2010

Baking

Today I have been baking cute teddy biscuits for my little boys 1st Birthday on Saturday. The recipe is lovely and easy and I have never had a batch not turn out delicious.

350g plain flour
200g butter
1tsp bicarb
300g sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla essence


  1. Cream together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
  2. Add the flour and bicarb, mixing well until it has a doughy texture. You may need to add more flour, see how the mixture looks.
  3. Flour your work surface and roll out the dough and use a cutter of your choice or form into little balls.
  4. Place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, allow a little space between each as they do expand a bit. If you made little balls push them onto the tray so they flatten.
  5. Bake at 180c for around 10-15 minutes.

My latest batch looked like this:


Perfect for the Teddy Bears picnic!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, they sound lovely. Will need to give them a try! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look yummy!! Ill have to give them a try the girls will love helping me...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to read them :-)