Wednesday 4 May 2011

The Dreaded Phonecall

Well yesterday I received the phonecall I had been dreading but expecting..........
"Can you go Full Time for us?".

I have agreed to Full Time hours, to begin with, between June and September as work are implimenting 3 new systems and I will be required to learn all new systems and then travel across our sites to deliver it to all staff, approximately 1500 - 2000 people!!! Training is a Career I have fallen into quite by chance but now I am here I am enjoying it, I am a people person so it's nice as I get to meet new people daily but also get to build relationships. I often think being a Trainer is so varied, you have to be an instructor, a teacher, a role model, a nurse, a social worker, a counsellor and wear many other hats!

By September they will have probably closed my current base site so then I will be able to decide to take redundancy and be a stay at home Mum or to continue working Full Time from the new site. I do feel quite guilty about returning to Full Time work but I am focussing on the bigger picture and the greater good fro Aidan. There will be a lot of driving for this new role but with that comes VERY generous petrol allowances. This combined with the additional money I will be earning anyway will enable me to pay much more off of our current debts and in fact get me closer to the goal of being at home.

5 comments:

  1. I hope this all goes well for you and works out for the greater good for your family. Take care. Take care.Mica

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, congratulations on being offered to go full time! That is a "feather in your hat" so you must be doing a fantanstic job, you know? Second, I know it is hard to be a working Mom when one's child is little (I had to do it too), but your boy will be fine. And, as you say, it is for the good of the family to help pay off your bills. One bright spot: you will have some extra money now, and will be able to spend some of your quality time with Aidan taking him to a nice TOY STORE! Trust me, nothing makes a little boy happier! :)
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that it wasn't a phone call you were looking forward and not the news you wanted, but hopefully it will provide a good opportunity for you and mean some good times in the future. At least now you can squirel some of the money away for your decision time in September! Take carexx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to read them :-)