Sunday 1 May 2011

Silverstone

A late one for me tonight! This afternoon we went to the Silverstone Race circuit, which we are lucky enough to live near to, as we both enjoy watching Formula 1. We got to see the new track layout including new Grandstand and Pits, race control, the podium and lots more. The tour was given by a professional driver who whipped you round the circuit at a fair speed!

Best bit by far, for me anyway, was seeing some lovely cars close up and being able to sit in them. So let me introduce you to my new car, an Aston Martin Vantage



And here is Chris with his new Lamborghini


Well a girl can dream can't she? :-)

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun..I bet racing round that track will be an experience you'll never forget.

    Good for you Vicky!

    P.S. Is this one off the list?

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it wasn't actually. It was a frugal find for Chris for Christmas, I needed a gift 'from Aidan' and found BOGOF on the tours.
    It was fun, if they were not so expensive I would definatley go on a driving experience that they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Glad you both had a good time. Perhaps if you look at your own car and squint, it could look like an aston martin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, I love your Aston Martin! Now you can go driving with Prince Charles in both of your Aston Martins! (Doesn't he have one? I think that's what William borrowed to drive around on his wedding day from what I saw in the news!) Thanks for visiting my blog and for becoming a Follower -- I am now your newest Follower. Very nice to meet you! And may I say that you little boy in your photo on the right is adorable! :)
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gloria, your blog is sweet and Thanks for following me, don't be deceived by Aidans angelic look in photos! x

    Dannie I would have to squint really hard!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to read them :-)