Tuesday 7 June 2011

Cupcakes

I have been reading "Meet me at the Cupcake cafe"by Jenny Colgan
Heres the blurb:

"Issy Randall can bake. No, more than that - Issy can create stunning, mouth-wateringly divine cakes. After a childhood spent in her beloved Grampa Joe's bakery she has undoubtedly inherited his talent. So when she's made redundant from her safe but dull City job, Issy decides to seize the moment and open up her own cafe. It should be a piece of cake, right? Wrong. As her friends point out, she has trouble remembering where she left her house keys, let alone trying to run her own business. But Issy is determined. Armed with recipes posted to her from Grampa, and with her local bank manager fighting her corner, Issy attempts to prove everyone wrong"

I really enjoyed the book all the way through, every spare moment I had I would pick it up and read a bit even if just a few pages. The character was believeable and you could easily relate to her, she is made redundant which is something I am experiencing at the moment. The writing style was easy going and flowed nicely, enjoyable at the end of a hard day.
Then I got to the end and have to say I was very disappointed. It seemed to just end.

Don't you hate it when that happens?

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean..I read a book recently that just got more and more miserable.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I love to read them :-)